Tuesday, May 8, 2007

COUNTRY BOY AND CITY GIRL ARE NOW GREAT FRIENDS! AND CARPE DIEM, SEIZE THE MOMENT, EVERY DAY IS PRECIOUS.

The beginning of a budding romance was lovely and had great promises. Special times were had together; every single date was exquisite and deep conversations ensued both by telephone, email, IM messages and personal encounters. Dreams were shared and as time went along, it appeared that the dreams for the future were further apart than it originally seemed.

My friend in the country has plans of living a much more isolated life than I can envision for myself being a ‘people person.’ He seems to be much more content being alone that I could ever feel happy with. We have different ideas about how to spend our free time, and maybe he needs a lot more time to be feeling free and unattached since he hasn’t had that long a time to recuperate from his previous life.

Whatever the reasons are, I feel the deep need to have a steady person at my side. It is tough to be realistic, and it comes with a lot of sadness, but such is life. A great and supportive friendship is salvaged and hopefully this will sustain us in the times to come.

I put myself out there again in Match.com land again and several interesting contacts have happened. Too early to talk about. Spring is the time when one hopes to find somebody to spend lovely dates with, and fortunately the city is so enticing for dining out, walk hand in hand along the Hudson River, discovering the wonders in Central Park. It has never been lovelier.

Meanwhile possibilities of doing some modeling work is waiting around the corner, and my daughter’s great art opening is happening tomorrow. It seems that it is turning out to be a media event. My children are my joy and pride, and having them nearby and my dear friends to go out with make me feel very lucky.